Send via SMS

Monday, February 13, 2006

The search for the dress - victory at last?

Saturday, Claire, Daniela and I had the chance to visit the Alfred Angelo store in Beverly Hills. I've been looking at their dresses for a while and like their use of color, style and pricetag! hehe... So before I show you the dress of my dreams, here are a few more contenders.

1. This dress is one of the ones that caught my eye originally. I wouldn't get it in red, but do like the splash of colors. It was a cute dress, but just that - cute. It didn't make me feel special, but it was pretty.

2. The next dress was white with a lace overlay. It had a subtle mermaid cut with a lace train. I love the train! It was very pretty! However, the mermaid cute wasn't as flattering on me as more of an A-line and it didn't do anything for my top half. I looked rather "flat."

3. ICK! The next dress made both Daniela and I look * W I D E * ! ! ! It was made of silk and possibly the most expensive dress in the store. Regardless it was the least flattering for any figure!









*Drumroll please* Now before I show you my favorite dress ever, I would like to thank my fellow shoppers... Claire and Daniela!

.

.

.

.

.

(here it comes!!!)

.

.

.

.

The Dress!!!

Now that I've found the dress, I just have to decide on the color of the sash I'd like. I think it's down to a white dress with either a white sash, champagne sash, a celedon (green) sash, or a cafe sash. I think I'd prefer the contrast of a colored sash over a plain white sash. However, I'm worried that the cafe and celedon sashes will be overwhelming or too busy. I like the color of the champagne sash, but I'm afraid it will look too yellow against a white dress, rather than the ivory that it's usually paired with (very pretty, but I can't wear ivory!). Here is a pic of ivory with champagne from the catalog. Any comments?

5 Comments:

Blogger BrendaW said...

I love that you want color in your dress. I had pink beads all over my dress but I wish they were more pronounced. The dress is beautiful

11:49 PM  
Blogger suburban mom said...

I LOVE that dress!!!

It is beautiful! I love the back. And the front. :)

I like it the best with the sash matching the dress. :)

12:45 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

The dress is beautiful!!! I would go with a matching sash -- though a shimmery champagne color would be nice, too. Not much help, eh?

12:54 PM  
Blogger Lizz said...

Oh! It's beautiful! My dress has some champagne on it, so that's my pick! LOL
You'll look amazing! Congrats!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I love the sash in the last picture. What a beautiful dress and you look great in it!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home