Send via SMS

Friday, March 10, 2006

Invites....

When I was home a few weeks ago Mom, Marji, Aidan and I spent some time at Recollections searching for the perfect paper to make our wedding invites. While we found some really pretty paper, I'm still not sure that we found the perfect paper. Our favorite from that trip was a basic grey paper called "Free Spirit." While I love the style and colors in the paper, I think there is a bit too much purple and red in the paper to go with the colors I am envisioning.

In the meantime, I have been searching for a perfect "folder" to use as a base for our invites. I don't want to cut/glue/punch a hundred invites from scratch. Instead, I am hoping to buy a base card folder and then find a cool paper or ribbon to make the invites unique. Then, we can print the actual invites on our home printer and assemble them ourselves. So, after a lot of websearching online I found a website where they sell precut card folders for a reasonable price. (http://www.envelopemall.com/) This week, I ordered samples of the cardfolders so I can check out the colors and quality. Here are a couple of pics:



I think I can take these folders and dress them up to look more like their expensive cousins without too much trouble. If I'm not happy with the quality when they come, I think I'll order a sample of a couple large sheets of cardstock to see how difficult it is to make your own pocketfolders.


A couple of other sites that I like are www.paper-source.com, www.envelopments.com, and www.notfromabox.com. All of these sites have modern and colorful invites (perfect for replicating!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home