Send via SMS

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

the DRESS!!!

Last weekend, I took a trip down to Anaheim for the Making Memories Dress sale. They are a charity which takes donations of used dresses from brides and new dresses and samples from designers. They then resell these dresses for breast cancer research. It's a great cause.

Anways, Claire and I scoured the racks at the sale and there was a pretty big range of dresses. About 1/2 the dresses were brand new from designers and the other 1/2 were used. Some were very old and out of date, while others were current styles. I tried on abou 6 dresses but really fell in love with the first one! :) It is a 100% silk gown by Romona Keveza and a brand new sample. Unfortunately, it is a size 12 but I believe it can easily be altered because of the style of the top.

Rather than just post pics here, I am going to just post links so there is less of a chance that Matt should accidentally stumble upon the pics. Here they are: (just remember the top of the dress needs to be taken in about 6 inches)

Front
Back
Detail
The top

At the Sale
At the sale #2

Let me know what you think! :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous JuniperJennifer 2p's said...

I love it!! so elegant:)

12:34 PM  
Blogger sarahthebean said...

It's beautiful! I LOVE sample sales--you can find such fun stuff! Altering the top doesn't look like it'll be much trouble.

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog--you have no idea how much it means, especially with all the negative talk surrounding my dress. I'll have to link your blog to mine, if that's ok with you!

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home